Use the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Cuisine Bread for this recipe.
- Heat oven to 300°F. Set a rack on a baking sheet.
- Grate zucchini in a food processor fitted with shredding blade or with a box grater, using the side with the largest holes. Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and toss. Let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Grate carrots and onion in food processor or with the grater. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Put bread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until dried out, 10 to 14 minutes. Leave oven on. Transfer bread to food processor and pulverize to make crumbs. Add crumbs, eggs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to carrots. Transfer zucchini to a clean dish towel and squeeze out excess liquid. Add zucchini to carrot mixture and stir well to combine.
- Heat 1/2 cup of canola oil (may need to add more during cooking) in a large skillet over medium heat until very hot. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons into oil and flatten to 3-inch pancakes; do not crowd pan. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain; then set on prepared baking sheet and keep latkes warm in oven. Repeat, adding more oil if necessary, making a total of 24 latkes. Serve with sour cream or a squeeze of lemon (optional).