Use the Atkins recipe to make All Purpose Low-Carb Baking Mix for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees.
- Blend together the low-carb baking mix, baking powder, sugar substitute and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small chunks and add to the dry ingredients, using a pastry blender or your fingertips to work until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Do not over-mix.
- Pour in heavy cream and stir lightly.
- Coat cutting board with olive oil spray. Using a spatula, transfer the dough to a cutting board. Coat hands with oil spray and lightly knead dough a few times until blended. Do not over knead.
- Pat out dough into a circle 1/2–3/4-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter with a 2¼-inch diameter, form biscuits. Make an extra biscuit out of scraps instead of re-rolling the dough.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet coated with oil spray. Brush tops with melted butter, if desired.
- Bake 15–18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove biscuits from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.