Note: Purchase at least 13oz of kale (a large bunch). Once the stems are removed you will have about 7oz of leaves.
- Preheat oven to 250°F and prepare two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Remove the leaves from the stems of the kale stalk by cutting away with kitchen shears or tearing. Tear leaves into bite sized pieces (it will shrink so pieces should be about 3-inches long otherwise you will end up with tiny pieces) then wash and thoroughly dry on a towel or in a salad spinner. Discard the stems.
- Toss kale with olive oil by hand in a bowl then arrange equally spaced on the baking sheets and season with sea salt to your taste.
- Place pan in the oven and set a timer for 30 minutes. After 20 minutes check to see if pieces are dried and crispy, if not continue to check at 5 minute intervals. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Yummy flavors to try:
- Cheesy: add 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese along with the salt just before baking. Add 0.1g NC to the net carb count per serving.
- Truffle: add flavored salts such as truffle salt. Or a drop or two of truffle oil can be added to the olive oil. This will not change the net carb count.
- Chipotle: add a pinch of ground chipotle with the salt. This will not change the net carb count.
- Wasabi: add 1/8 tsp ground wasabi powder with the salt. This will not change the net carb count.